I created this blog as a teenager to write reviews about books I enjoyed to recommend them for other teenagers. Now that I am an adult going to school to become a secondary art and english teacher, it seems fitting to continue using this blog except this time as an adult looking for adolescent appropriate fiction. For the next few months I will be posting about various texts I am reading for a class about teaching literature to adolescents.

Yours Truly,
Readinater

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Eon by Alison Goodman

Formal
Eon is about a girl who masquerades as a boy to become a dragoneye apprentice. It is the year of the rat. Eon has a special ability, she can see all of the dragins in the energy world. This ability of hers is their, her and her masters, hope for her to be picked. Can Eon a simple girl become a dragoneye, and survive all of the politics? Will she be caught, because if she is, she will die?


Eon takes place in a country in East Asia inspired by ancient Chinese and Japanese cultures.


I loved Eon! I couldnt put it down! I like all of the mystery and drama Goodman created!


I recommend Eon for anyone who is open, and not judgemental of people different from themselves, because there are some controversial ideals within the book. It is about 600 pages long, don't be alarmed by it's size, it's a really easy read. I also recommend this book for anyone who loves a good fantasy story, or anyone who enjoys dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment