I created this blog as a teenager to write reviews about books I enjoyed to recommend them for other teenagers. Now that I am an adult going to school to become a secondary art and english teacher, it seems fitting to continue using this blog except this time as an adult looking for adolescent appropriate fiction. For the next few months I will be posting about various texts I am reading for a class about teaching literature to adolescents.

Yours Truly,
Readinater

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Formal
Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief is a twist on Greek Mythology and Modern society. Percy, the main character found out that he is son of Posiedon, one of the 3 great gods. Which caused some problems, since Posiedon wasn't supposed to have any children with mortals because his children are too powerful. Then, Zeus's lightening bolt was stolen and Percy was the blame. So poor Percy was sent on a quest with little training to go retrive this bolt before a war between the gods could occur.

I found this book a great and a quick read. Each book was a new adventure. I give this book 4 stars.

I recommend Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief for people who like adventure, battle, and heroism. However be in mind that it was written for 4th graders so its really easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment