I created this blog as a teenager to write reviews about books I enjoyed to recommend them for other teenagers. Now that I am an adult going to school to become a secondary art and english teacher, it seems fitting to continue using this blog except this time as an adult looking for adolescent appropriate fiction. For the next few months I will be posting about various texts I am reading for a class about teaching literature to adolescents.

Yours Truly,
Readinater

Monday, October 10, 2011

Vampire Acadamy by Richelle Mead

Formal
 Vampire Acadamy is about two girls- Rosemary Hathaway (Rose), and Vasilisa Dragomir (Lissa)- fighting whatever it is that is stalking Lissa. In the process Rose falls in love with Dimitri Belikov her mentor. 


In the Vampire world there are 3 types of beings- not including humans. Moroi (Lissa), who are alive vampires that wield elemental magic. Also they don't kill for blood, moroi only need a little bit everyday to survive. Dhampirs (Rose & Dimitri), who are a mixture of either moroi and human, or moroi and dhampir. They have the better traits from both races aka moroi and humans. Lastly, Strigoi, who are dead vampires that kill for blood. Dhampirs protect moroi from strigoi or anything that could harm them.


I love Vampire Acadamy, and found it hard to put down. I have reread, and will reread Vampire Acadamy because its just that good. I give it five stars. 


I recommend this book for any audience who likes paranormal romance, and/ or action. Note: this is NOT Twilight, and do NOT expect it to be similar. I would also like to add that this book series isn't appropriate for all audiences, if it were rating it like a movie at a minimum it would be PG: 13.


Sequels: Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, and Last Sacrifice (in that order)

No comments:

Post a Comment